The Maryburgh Amenities Company Ltd has been formed to take over the responsibilities and functions of the Maryburgh Amenities Association.
The Company will take over the assets of the Association and will be a recognised Scottish charity with the same charitable purposes as the Association.
The Company needs a membership to function:
- Members are entitled to vote at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) and other general meetings of the Company;
- Members are entitled to stand for election to the Board of Directors;
- Membership does not cost anything;
- Members do not need to actively involved in the work of the Company but can vote on matters such as the election of the Board of Directors, who make decisions about the day-to-day running of the Company;
- Members do not need to attend all general meetings as they are entitled to nominate a proxy to vote on their behalf;
You can become a member of the Company as long as:
- You are aged 18 and over; and
- You are normally resident within the community of Maryburgh; and
- You are entitled to vote at a local government election in a polling district that includes the community or part of it; and
- You support the purposes of the Company (as described in the Articles of Association).
You can apply to join the Company by completing the form below: